Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am a major foodie, with a haphazard cooking philosophy, currently making that transition from cooking and baking for friends and family to 'wonder if I could make this my career'. Follow me for recipes, the outcomes of a few experiments, and general lovely foodiness. Opinions, reviews and recommendations are all my own.

Sunday 28 July 2013

Nigella's Irish Cream Tiramisu

I spent a long time trying to decide which yummy Nigella recipe I would choose for my Party Party entry, but when I came across this recipe for Irish Cream Tiramisu, I just knew I'd found my recipe soulmate! 


I made just two amendments to the recipe, firstly, I halved the ingredients from the original, as it only needed to feed me and Gary. (This still made enough for 6 portions, so the original quantities would make a serious party dessert!) Secondly, when I came to measure out the Baileys, I had nowhere near enough left (I wonder where that could have all gone...?) so I made up the quantity by adding Tia Maria and some double cream. It worked a treat! 


You can find the original recipe here.

Ingredients

5 teaspoons espresso powder, dissolved in 175ml hot water then cooled
125 ml Baileys
200 grams savoiardi biscuits (lady fingers)
1 egg, separated
37 grams golden caster sugar
250 grams mascarpone cheese
1 tbsp cocoa powder


Method

Mix the cooled espresso with the half of the Baileys. Take half the savoiardi biscuits, and dip them one at a time in the espresso mixture, allowing them soak in enough liquid without getting soggy. Layer the soaked biscuits in the bottom of a 8''x4'' dish. 

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining Baileys and the mascarpone, and whip together until well combined and smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until white and frothy. Add to the mascarpone mixture and fold in well. 

Add half of the mascarpone mixture to the dish and spread evenly over the first layer of biscuits. Soak the remaining biscuits and create a second layer. Add the remaining mascarpone mixture and spread over the top. 

Finally, sprinkle cocoa powder over the top of the dish, and refrigerate until ready to serve. 


This is my entry for this month's Forever Nigella, run by Maison Cupcake, and hosted by myself this month.


2 comments:

  1. I love tiramisu. I've not seen this version before, but will definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious! The Irish Cream is a great addition without changing the traditional flavours too much at all. Yummy! x

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please leave me a comment - I always try to reply as soon as possible.

You can also find me on;
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pantrydoor
Twitter: @ThePantryDoor1
Pinterest: thepantrydoor